Friday 23 Oct. 2020 WhatsApp made it clear that you can now mute a chat. WhatsApp Messenger, or simply WhatsApp, is an American freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media source from wikipedia. Here is a step to do it.
You can now mute a chat forever ???? pic.twitter.com/DlH7jAt6P8— WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) October 23, 2020
How to mute user chat on WhatsApp
1. Hold on the user chat you want to mute
2. Select the mute chat option
3. Select how many hours you want to mute the user chat
4. Mute WhatsApp user chat
How to mute or unmute notifications
1. Select an individual or group chat.
2. Press Options > Mute.
3. Select the length of time you'd like to mute notifications for.
4. Press OK.
Go ahead and give it a try.